Employee Screening & Child Protection: ISU is committed to the well-being of its students. We use safe recruitment practices for the purposes of child protection – we verify the identity, the credentials and the work and criminal histories of all prospective employees.
Thank you for your interest in the International School of Ulaanbaatar. We are seeking passionate and collegial professional educators who are inquiry-based practitioners. The majority of our students are EAL learners. Experience in differentiating learning activities and assessments for students based upon language needs and learning needs and styles will be a cornerstone of your craft. We are also seeking teachers who understand the central role that formative assessment plays in learning. Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate their use of such assessment to help students continuously improve.
We value our professional learning culture at ISU. Applicants should be committed to working closely with their colleagues on a variety of projects (such as curriculum planning, student assessment and other areas of school improvement) throughout the school year.
At this time we will need certified teachers/professionals to fill the position(s) listed below:
High school, Middle school
- Design and implement business processes into functional and efficient code
- Draft, implement and manage school data management practices and policies
- Provide guidance and support to application developers
- Assist with schema design, code review, SQL-query tuning
- Install, tune, implement and upgrade database management system (DBMS) installations
- Write and deploy SQL patches
- Upgrade and improve application schema and data upgrades
- Gather data from various departments and prepare for upload into SQL
- Maintain database backup and recovery infrastructure
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related IT field
- Experience with programming languages including PHP/SQL coding
- Experience administering, managing and tuning databases
- Experience with SQL Server and My SQL
- High degree of expertise in MS Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English/Mongolian
If you would like to apply to the Database Administrator position, please submit the following in English to email@example.com:
- A formal letter of application
- A current resume (with employment history, education background and contact information, including both e-mail address and phone number)
- Copies of all degree documentation attached
- The names and contact details of at least two direct supervisory references
NATURE OF WORK
The School Receptionist is the first person of call for visitors to the school as well as for our parents, staff and students. As the face of the school, the Receptionist should be welcoming and helpful, able to multitask, to work flexibly and to represent the school in a professional and friendly manner. The receptionist must also assist the office with various administrative tasks, requiring strong IT skills. The School Receptionist will have primary day-to-day responsibility for welcoming campus visitors and responding to telephone and email enquiries. In addition, he or she communicates with parents about all aspects of school life, receiving and passing on information to the parties that must receive it. The receptionist assists with admissions-related tasks, including the maintenance and update of school information as well as records and databases. He or she assists in the reception, sorting, and distribution of mail, packages and other deliveries. Furthermore, the receptionist helps in the translation and delivery of the school's Morning Bulletin, its Medee (the school newsletter) and other school notices.
- Fluency in both Mongolian and English
- Years of experience working with people from different backgrounds and nationalities
- Good organizational skills and a strong ability to prioritize workload
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, in person, in writing and on the telephone
- Strong computer skills
- An ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- A willingness to develop self and skills
Competitive and commensurate with skills and experience level.
If you would like to take up this challenge and join the ISU team, please submit the following in English:
- A formal letter of application
- A formal curriculum vitae (CV) / resume detailing: Your employment history; your educational background; and your contact information (including both an e-mail address and a phone number)
- The names and contact details of at least three direct supervisory references
- All applications should be addressed to:
International School of Ulaanbaatar
Four Seasons Garden,
Khan-Uul District, Khoroo 18
The International School of Ulaanbaatar is always interested in receiving applications for relief teaching (also known as substitute teaching) from qualified, certified teachers who are already resident in Ulaanbaatar. This role is not available to applicants who do not already live here in the city.
The ISU relief teacher assumes the responsibility of the classroom teacher on an as-needed basis. As well as requiring appropriate qualifications, we prefer relief teachers with prior teaching experience.
Please send your CV and a letter of interest, noting your preferred division level (primary or secondary), to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to the appropriate Head of Primary (email@example.com) or Secondary (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note that a police clearance (criminal background check) is always required from your previous place of residence as well as one from the UB police department.