Thank you for your interest in the International School of Ulaanbaatar. We are seeking passionate and collegial professional educators who are inquiry-based practitioners. The majority of our students are EAL learners. Experience in differentiating learning activities and assessments for students based upon language needs and learning needs and styles will be a cornerstone of your craft. We are also seeking teachers who understand the central role that formative assessment plays in learning. Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate their use of such assessment to help students continuously improve.
We value our professional learning culture at ISU. Applicants should be committed to working closely with their colleagues on a variety of projects (such as curriculum planning, student assessment and other areas of school improvement) throughout the school year.
At this time we will need certified teachers to fill the positions listed below:
The International School of Ulaanbaatar is always interested in receiving applications for relief teaching (also known as substitute teaching) from qualified, certified teachers.
The ISU relief teacher assumes the responsibility of the classroom teacher on an as-needed basis. As well as requiring appropriate qualifications, we prefer relief teachers with prior teaching experience.
Please send your CV and a letter of interest, noting your preferred division level (primary or secondary), to email@example.com with a copy to the appropriate Head of Primary (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Secondary (email@example.com).
Please note that a police clearance (criminal background check) is always required from your previous place of residence as well as one from the UB police department.
ISU has the following vacancies:
CHINESE MANDARIN LANGUAGE TEACHER (part-time, commencing in August, 2021)
· Teach Mandarin to Middle School Students by given schedule
· Attend Professional Development sessions
· Attend all Secondary school meetings
· Mandarin teaching certification (and/or Bachelor’s degree in education)
· Fluent English language skills – both written and oral
· Effective interpersonal and organizational skills
· Experience teaching culturally and linguistically diverse populations
· Experience in, and full commitment to, working in an inclusion-model framework
· Experience in, and full commitment to, inquiry-based learning
· Experience in, and full commitment to, criterion-reference assessment and evaluation
Database Administrator (commencing immediately)
· Design and implement business processes into functional and efficient code
· Draft, implement and manage school data management practices and policies
· Provide guidance and support to application developers
· Assist with schema design, code review, SQL-query tuning
· Install, tune, implement and upgrade database management system (DBMS) installations
· Write and deploy SQL patches
· Upgrade and improve application schema and data upgrades
· Gather data from various departments and prepare for upload into SQL
· Maintain database backup and recovery infrastructure
· Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related IT field
· Experience with programming languages including PHP/SQL coding
· Experience administering, managing and tuning databases
· Experience with SQL Server and My SQL
· High degree of expertise in MS Excel
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English/Mongolian
DEADLINE FOR ALL APPLICATIONS: 5:00pm, May 3, 2021
If you would like to apply for either of these positions, please submit the following in English:
· A formal letter of application
· A current resume (with employment history, education background and contact information, including both e-mail address and phone number)
· Copies of all degree documentation attached
· The names and contact details of at least two direct supervisory references
All applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org