The International School of Ulaanbaatar (ISU) is an independent, non-profit, co-educational day school offering the International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum from Pre-School to Grade 12. We are located in the city of Ulaanbaatar, the capital of our host country, Mongolia.
"Our Motto is to Empower Students to Make a Difference with Education in Mind Community in Heart Success in Life"
Our mission, in partnership with the ISU community, is to:READ MORE
Achieve excellence in all that we do to inspire the unique potential of our students to contribute and thrive in a global society.
To Understand, To Respect, To Conserve.READ MORE
Global citizens understand and respect the diversity of human thought and experience, they take responsibility for the shared and sustainable stewardship of our natural world, they connect others and they connect with others, and they initiate and support actions which promote the well-being of humanity today and tomorrow.
ISU is the only school in Mongolia fully accredited by:
- the Council of International Schools (CIS)
- the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC)
We are the only IB continuum school in Mongolia, offering:
- the Primary Years Programme (PYP) from Pre-School to Grade 5
- the Middle Years Programme (MYP) from Grade 6 to Grade 10
- the Diploma Programme (IBDP) from Grade 11 to Grade 12
ISU's core values hold us accountable to ourselves and our community.
We believe that:
- A well rounded education balances the academic, physical, social and emotional development of students while accounting for their unique talents and abilities.
- A multicultural environment enables a broader world view and affords students the opportunity to develop an understanding and appreciation of diversity.
- A learning environment that provides students a sense of belonging and individual worth encourages mutual respect and fosters character development.
- A balanced education provides students with the tools, confidence and motivation to excel in the face of challenge, and orients them toward post secondary and life-long learning.
- An international school is enriched by the relationship with its host country, which serves as an important resource for strengthening the learning experience.
- Education is the shared responsibility of all members of the school community parents, teachers, staff and students.