Language A1 Korean HL and SL
IB Diploma Program Language A1 Korean is a first language Korean course that follows the aims and objectives of the IBO Diploma Program. The course is designed to develop the students’ writing, speaking, and analytical skills concerning literature, as well as develop an appreciation for literature through finding and creating connections between literature and life.
Over 80 different Language A1s have been offered for examination through the IBO policy of mother tongue entitlement for its international candidature, and Korean language is one of these 80 languages.
Grade 11 students cover the following works:
- Three Generations (Samdae)
- Muddy Stream (Tangnyu)
- Tess of the d’Urbervilles (World Literature)
- Short Stories
- The Great Gatsby (World Literature)
- Great Expectation (World Literature)
- Jane Eyre (World Literature)
Grade 12 students cover the following works:
- Selected Poems
- Until Poeny Blooms
- A Gas Lamp
- I don’t Know,
- Wild Plain
- Green Grape
- Flowers Bloom in the Mountains
- The Azalea
- Return to the Heaven
- Short Stories
- Picture of female shaman (Munyeodo)
- Potato (Gamja)
- Before hurrah (Mansejeon)
- Poor wife (Bincheo)
- A Happy Event at JinsaMaeng’s House
- Relation - Relation
- The Most Beautiful Thing in the World - Metaphor of happiness.
- Conversation of Eternity and Love - What is the happiness?
- Mind Waiting for the Dawn – Learn to the narcissus.
- Tiger’s rebuke (Hojil)
- The Plaza (Gwangjang)
- The peaceable world (Taepyeongcheonha)
- One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich (World Literature)
Copyright © 2012. International School of Ulaanbaatar. All rights reserved.