Board of Trustees
WHAT IS THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES at ISU?
They are a group of people who:
- Are dedicated to providing the best educational environment for the students at ISU
- Are keen to be involved and help guide the direction of ISU
- Are willing to give up some time to work on behalf of all the parents of ISU students
- Have a commitment to serving the ISU community and governance issues
WHAT IS INVOLVED IN BEING AN ISU BOARD MEMBER?
- Giving up 1.5 hours each month, on a Thursday evening from 6.00 pm to 7.30 pm to attend Board meetings. We will be adhering to a strict time limit for meetings.
- All meeting dates are published 12 months in advance so that Board members know what the commitments are for the coming year.
- Giving some more time on committee work to help guide the school, for example, the Building Committee meets once a month (in addition to Board meetings) with Suruga Mongol (our builders) to monitor progress and make decisions about the new school building. The Policy Committee will meet when needed to discuss policies and then make recommendations at the Board meeting.
- Reading all the meeting correspondence before the meeting and be prepared to participate actively in the meeting. Doing all the pre-reading saves meeting time and you can have questions ready to ask.
- Reading and understanding the Articles of Association for ISU.
- Helping parents by knowing that all parental concerns and queries are channelled to the Board Chair or School Director and guiding parents to those two people.
- Board members must have the ability to be able to listen, must not attempt to solve issues, but make sure that they direct the query to the appropriate person (either Board Chair or School Director).
- Board members are not acting for individual interests but for the best interests of all students at ISU. Our focus is on improving student learning.
- The Board of Trustees are the ‘big picture’ people and leave the day to day running of the school to the School Director.
THE ISU BOARD MEMBERS
2012-2013 school year
- Burak Inanc – Chair of Board
- Helge Reitz -Treasurer
- Nalin Sharma – Secretary
- Mark Newby
- Kathleen Morenski
- Munkhtsetseg Chultem
- Sainzaya Chimid – Deputy Chair
- Mandah Karlsen
- David Reiner
- Charlotte O’Connell
- Maxim Berdichevsky
Copyright © 2012. International School of Ulaanbaatar. All rights reserved.